Archdiocese of Gulu Home Page











The news of the death of our former two-time president, Father of the Nation as referred to by many was received with a lot of  mixed feelings from the population. What is important now is not hpw the people’s reactioms but rather what lessons we can learn from the old man’s death.

 First and most importantly is the need for not only reconciliation but early and timely reconciliation. Like it has been said Obote was not the first Ugandan former President to die in exile, Idi Amin, Yusuf Lule and Edward Muteesa were the other Ugandan Presidents that died in exile. This must stop and the only way Uganda can do that is through reconciliation.

It is very unfortunate thart for almost two decades now that the current government has been in power they had failed to forgive and reconcile with Obote and only remembered to talk of reconciliation after he had died.

It was even more sad that in this day some people rejoiced over the death of a fellow citizen forgetting that for all of us it is inevitable, the only difference being the time that death comes.

 Fellow Ugandans, like the old cliché, “it is never too late!” No crime is too big to be forgiven.

Let us not wait for our adversaries to die first and then preach forgiveness and reconciliation, which will be hypocrisy, do it now!

 Secondly is the need for honesty. During the many funeral services held in different places to send of the late Dr. Apollo Milton Obote, many speeches were made. Many of the peple that talked insinuated that what we have been told of Obote in the the recent past was devoid of truth. In a dramatic twist of events, the government and other leaders who have perpetually talked ill of the fallen leader changed their position and showered the fallen leader with praises.

 It is therefore important that we adapt the spirit of honesty and sincerity in whatever we do and say especially in our relations with other citizens. It does not pay to mudsling others only for the sake of politicking.

 In future we should not only look at the short term and selfish benefits as a basis for decision making and relating to others but rather the interest of the peoples of Uganda. This can be made possible through forgiveness, reconciliation, honesty and sincerity.



I cannot belief that I am alive. It is just God’s power. I always dream that am actually dead. Sometimes I wake up at night after the dream and touch my face, pinch myself or even shout to find out if am really alive. God is great; God is really there because I would have died.

 This is the word of Samuel Inyono one of the victims of the Atiak Massacre. Over 250 people were murdered by the rebels of the Lord Resistance Army (LRA) in Atiak north west of Gulu district in April 20th, 1995. The attackers were led by Vincent Otti, now the second in command of the LRA.

 It was on Wednesday in the dawn at around 5am. I heard a big bang. It was the LRA bomb. They had already surrounded us. When the pandemonium started in the villages surrounding the Atiak centre as a result of the blast, the rebels were rejoicing because the civilians were falling into their trap.

 By that time, the rebels had over powered the Uganda People’s Defence Forces (UPDF) at the Centre. They herded civilians including students of Atiak Technical School they surrounded to the bush towards Ayugi River. At around 8 am, the UPDF helicopter gunship arrived hovering above us to scare the rebels. We however continued towards Ayugi River but they told us to increase speed.

 When we reached certain valley, the rebels told us to put all our luggage down. These were the things they looted in our village and the trading centre and forced us to carry. We put them down. Vincent Otti then came forward saying we told you not to stay near where there are government soldiers. “Now you have seen what we have done. Is it good?”  Another lieutenant came in front repeating that, “We have been telling you not to stay where the UPDF soldiers are you do not want to understand. Today we shall show you.” 

 Immediately Otti ordered us to lie down. We were over 300 people. Before we lay down, he ordered his soldiers to select and put aside children, pregnant women, women and some of his relatives. After the rebels completed the selection, I heard Otti ordering his soldiers to shoot us. I could not belief, I thought he was threatening. When I was still in the middle of this thought, I heard a rain of bullets.

 Inyono, now 39 was shot at 11 times. They halted shooting for a moment and began checking on those still alive. If you are found still breathing, you are shot at to make sure you are dead silence. For Inyono, he pretended that he was completely dead. The rebels could step over him here and there. He was shot in the legs, thighs, buttocks and chest several times.

 When they left, I raised my head with difficulty to confirm if all rebels had gone. What I could see were hundred of bodies lying dead. Blood was all over. I was somewhere in the middle of the dead bodies. I forced myself and managed to sit with one buttock. My body was paralysed except my hands that were not touched by bullets. On sitting, I saw a man also struggling to scroll on his chest out of the scene. I follow him immediately. I could use grass to pull myself over as I scrolled. I continued for about 30 minutes until I got the man I saw. We sat leaning on a big tree about 5 metres away from the killing scene as we contemplated what next for us.

 The rain began but we were very weak to move anywhere. My friend was getting weak and weaker. Luck fell on us and the UPDF arrived. We were sitting in the flood. They saw us as they combed the area. That was around 2pm after the rebels had left about four hours back. The UPDF soldiers brought to St. Mary’s hospital Lacor. My colleague died immediately on arrival.

 Inyono was admitted at Lacor for six months until October from April 1995. It was discovered from Lacor hospital that all his rib’s borns were chattered. Two bullets were also found to have stuck in his lef leg and thigh.

 On 13th August 2005, Inyono was admitted again in Lacor for operation to remove the two bullets. This time, his medical bill is to be paid by Justice and Peace Commission. The Commission also catered for all his feeding while in the hospital and transport to and from Atiak for. This followed a promise made by the Archbishop of Gulu Archdiocese to assist Inyono under go operation. His Grace John Baptist Odama made the promised while celebrating a mass to mark the day of Atiak massacre last April.

 The biggest problem now faced by Inyono is how to look after his five children. He now alone because his wife was also killed among the over 250 people murdered. The eldest child is in primary seven. He used to depend on his brother James Okullo who worked with the World Vision. Unfortunately, Okullo died three years ago.

 The worst thing is that the doctor stopped him from digging because he has no ribs. And now he depends on World Food Programme (WFP) for his daily food. He has to wait until WFP has taken food to displaced persons then he also benefit. Before the incident, Inyono was a businessman.



The International Criminal Court (ICC) issuing of its first arrest warrants for Joseph Kony and four other commanders of the rebel Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) has provoked both praise and concern from western human rights, Peace groups and people in Uganda.

 Both Human Rights Watch (HRW), Amnesty International and people in Uganda hailed the warrants against the LRA commanders, who are accused of war crimes and crimes against humanity, as an important step in bringing to justice individuals who have terrorised much of northern Uganda for the last 19 years. They also called for all governments to cooperate in apprehending the accused for trial at ICC headquarters in The Hague.

 "With arrest warrants, the ICC has opened the door for justice to be done," said Richard Dicker, HRW's director for International Justice. "The people of northern Uganda have long suffered terrible abuses without any chance of redress."

 Both groups, however, expressed disappointment that the ICC has not moved as aggressively against Ugandan government officials and military officers who they say have committed similar abuses but who are beneficiaries of an amnesty law passed by the Parliament.

 "The failure of the (ICC) Prosecutor to seek arrest warrants against Ugandan government forces and their civilian superior is a matter of deep concern because the Ugandan prosecutors have failed to investigate and prosecute such crimes during the 19-year conflict," Amnesty said in a statement issued from London recently.

 Other analysts have also expressed concerns that the warrants have effectively ended peace efforts led by a former Ugandan minister, Betty Bigombe, and backed by the United States, Britain, the Netherlands and Norway. Once officially charged by the ICC with crimes against humanity, the LRA commanders cannot receive amnesty as part of any political settlement of the conflict.

 Bigombe herself complained that the court had "rushed too much", as a result of which, "There is now no hope of getting (the LRA commanders) to surrender. Church, which had also helped facilitate the mediation effort, also expressed fears that a political settlement has now been made more difficult.

 In a column published recently by the International Herald Tribune, Katherine Southwick, who has authored several reports on Uganda for the Washington-based Refugee Law Project, charged that the ICC's action, which will make it impossible for LRA commanders to receive any form of amnesty, may actually expose innocent civilians and international aid workers in northern Uganda to greater danger.

 "Now international aid organisations are scaling back their operations in the north for fear that the LRA will associate ICC arrest warrants with the international community," she wrote.

 But Amnesty said the issuance of the warrants had to be considered an important step forward. "The decision by the Prosecutor to proceed with issuing arrest warrants and, in doing so, resisting calls to suspend the investigation in favour of further political negotiations sends a clear message that without justice, there can be no prospect of a lasting peace for the region." 

 The LRA, a messianic movement that launched its first attacks in around 1986, is blamed for the killings of tens of thousands of northern Ugandans but became particularly notorious for the abduction of some 30,000 children to serve as soldiers, porters and sex slaves over the past 20 years.

 Indeed, each night, as many as 40,000 children, known as "night commuters" flee their own homes in the northern Uganda countryside to seek the relative safety of the towns in order to hide from LRA raids.

 Sheltered for many years in southern Sudan, the group is also held responsible for the displacement of some 1.6 million people, most of whom still live in camps where they have been at the mercy of the Ugandan military. Despite its nominal role as protector, the military has also been accused by HRW and Amnesty, among others, of committing serious abuses, including murder, rape, and beatings, against their charges.

 In one of his first formal acts as ICC prosecutor, Luis Moreno Ocampo opened a formal investigation of the LRA and the situation in northern Uganda at the request of the government of President Yoweri Museveni last year. Under the Rome Statute that forms the legal basis for the ICC, the new court can only prosecute war crimes and crimes against humanity committed after July 2002, when the statute took effect.

 In addition to Kony, who was charged with 12 counts of crimes against humanity and 21 counts of war crimes, his chief deputy, Vincent Otti, and three other commanders were ordered arrested.

 Analysts have said that the LRA has become weaker over the past several months, in major part due to the loss of support from Sudan. Kony is still believed to be hiding in Sudan, and Ugandan officials last week called publicly on Khartoum to seize the rebel leader.

 But significant elements of the LRA have reportedly slipped across the border into the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). In the face of threats by Museveni, whose troops have intervened in the DRC several times over the past decade, the Kinshasa government reportedly sent two army battalions into the area last week. The U.N. peacekeeping operation in the DRC also sent forces into the area.

 People should be made aware that the army will have to shoot through a shield of traumatised child captives to reach the leaders. Apprehending them may not even be possible; the Ugandan Army has been unable to do so for 19 years, even with Sudanese cooperation.



One may wonder whether the Police can exercise their power freely. Could it be that other security organizations such as the army can also interfere with their duty? But people should realize that this power, the police is to exercise is given by the Constitution. If in any case the police is not free to execute their duty, then, is the police respecting the Constitution that gives them power? Police then should proof to society that they have all the power to preserve law and order.

 There have been complaints about police ranging from corruption, neglect and lack of professionalism. There is also complaint that where the case involves the army, the police in many occasions has failed to effect arrest.

 During a workshop aimed at empowering community leaders with skills in policing and crime prevention activities held in Gulu district, there were complaints one after another against the police. Prominent among other complaints was police relationship with other security organizations such as the Internal Security Organization (ISO) and the army.

 One participant said between April and May this year, about three people were shot dead by a local council official in Gulu. One of the three people was killed in Kirombe, a Gulu town suburb. The person is said to be at large up to now. This kind of killing is extra judicial murder. Is he then taken to be above the law?

 Report that this writer got from the highest-ranking police officer in this region says some individuals and institutions take advantage of the situation in the north to kill people willingly. “We are working on that,” the officer said. He added that the police has warned those who extra judiciously kill that they will be arrested. This writer has also learned that the files for people killed that way are already with the police. The public is waiting for what next.

 Stories of extra-judicial killings are may in Acholi. Many of them are carried out by the LRA rebels, our own Uganda People Defence Forces (UPDF), other security agents and even people who are not security operatives.

 A report got from Local Council from Bungatira during the workshop indicated that army men carried out extra judicial killing twice in the area in 2003. When the area authorities informed the police, they carried out investigations. The police is said to have written to the army requesting to arrest the culprits. The LC regretted that up to now no arrest has been made because he learned that the army never cooperated with the police. Please let us play our role and stop interfering with each other’s role.

 According to the District Police Commander, police are not enough in the district. They are only 200. Atiak has only 10, Anaka 10, Pabo 8 and Airport 8. And yet Gulu has a population of roughly 500,000 people. Three quarter of them live in the Internally Displaced Persons’ camp (IDPs) with all the social problems. Even in the municipality where quarter of the population stay, policing and criminology problems are at the highest, mainly based on social and economic factors.

 Police record in Gulu indicates that crimes are caused according to how people are settled in the camps. Communities are mixed up in IDP camps leading to commission of various crimes. The most common crimes include defilement, rape, arson, and child neglect, theft, threatening violence, murder and assaults among others.

 From January to September, there were 45 cases of murder not by shooting, 15 cases of murder by shooting, 6 attempted murder, 327 cases of defilement, 18 rape cases, 136 cases of child neglect and 680 cases of assault. These are few samples of the many cases reported to police in only nine months.

 Given the degree of crime rate in the district, the government needs to open police posts in all sub county headquarters or IDP camps as we wait for resettlement of displaced persons in their original homes.



 Peace is possible if it is truely willed and if peace is possible, it is a duty.

These are the beautiful words that were hanging on the walls of the the conference hall in Morulem Catholic Mission in Abim where the Karamoja Cross Border Peace Animation Meeting were held.

 The Justice and Peace Commission Gulu Archdiocese- Pader Kalongo Office in conjunction with JPC Kotido Diocese and Kotido Peace Initiative (KOPEIN) organized the meeting that took place on the 4th – 6th October 2005.

 It was attended by the District Leaders from Pader and Kotido, women, religious leaders, elders and youth from both Karamoja and Acholi.

This meeting marked the revival of the dialogue that used to take place between the Acholi and the Jie and was formerly referred to as the ‘Acholi-Jie’ Dialogue. This kind of meeting was last held in 2002 under the Acholi Religious Leaders’ Peace Initiative (ARLPI) and had since died out. JPC in its effort to restore peace in Acholiland and Uganda in general, saw the need to revive this dialogue.

 Mr. Oyel Peter, the LCIII Chairperson for Morulem Sub County thanked the Commission for their initiative to bring these communities together. He added that the meeting was very timely because it came at a time of the year when the warriors usually disturb them.

 The participants also took off some time to commemorate some of their fallen comrades that had worked very tirelessly and even risked their lives for the sake of peace in the region. Among them were Matia Nacino, Adome Lomukat, David Owili, Anthony Okech, Hon Gabriel Lotyang and Fr. D’Clan O’ttole aka Apanapus. “This was a very emotional moment in the meeting because many of the participants personally new these fallen comrades. Many of them talked very fondly of Nacino Matia and with a lot of longing.”

 The meeting discussed matters concerning road thuggery and ambushes, cattle theft, disarmament and other issues pertaining peaceful coexistence between the communities. Mr. Higenyi the RDC pader thanked JPC for the good work and urged the kraal leaders to hand over those culprits that were causing problems for people in the communities.

 On the issue of cattle theft by the Karimojong in Acholi, Labwor land and other places, one of the Kraal Leaders Amotoka attributed this solely to a few Jie who have carelessly depleted their herds and are now poor. He added that these are the people to be care of

Mr. Lam Cosmas the Consultant of JPC called on the two communities to live harmoniously. He went on to say that there would be more meetings of this kind to come and encouraged them to take advantage of such meetings to air out their views rather than use violence. The programme is funded by Conciliations Resources UK.



Wars, violence, killings hatred…, all have circulated in the blood of Ugandans. To kill is so cheap for them now. Let us stop all wrong things happening in Uganda. Gulu Archdiocese Archbishop John Baptist Odama sounded the warning during prayers to mark the day two Uganda Martyrs were killed in Paimol, the then Kitgum district around the 20th 1918.

 In his sermon, Odama said since independence the history of Uganda has been that of wars, revenge and hatred. But he urged all Ugandans to stop it. He said Uganda belongs to all. “May I appeal to your conscience that you leave revenge and accept one another as fellow citizens of this country. We cannot allow keeping hatred for many years.”

 He appealed to leaders in Uganda to start teaching their children the love of God and that of one another and live together as one nation. He promised that a shrine would be built at Wipolo, the spot where Daudi Okello and Zildo Irwa were killed. He is also thinking of assigning two or three priests to station at the spot. Odama declared that every year, October 20th would be a day of solemnity in the Archdiocese where there will be prayers in all parishes.

Thousand of people braved the security situation of the area and walked from Kalongo to Wipolo in Paimol. Children and other young people began walking at dawn and by 11 am when the prayer started, they had reached. They also returned home walking. Public Transport was available but displaced persons from the camps around could not afford it. The army provided security along the road and Wipolo where prayer took place. Pilgrims came from different parts of the country and from Southern Sudan.

According to some elders talked to in Paimol, the death of of Daudi Okello and Zildo Irwa were caused by political malevolence that existed in the region. It is stated that after the British colonialist arrested rwot (traditional chief) Lakidi of Paimol, his subjects rebelled against the colonialists and those supporting him. The British was said to have arrested Lakidi because of giving support to Abbas, the slave traders. The people of Paimol, Lakidi’s subjects later intensified rebellion against the British and the two catechists (Daudi Okello and Zildo Irwa) for teaching ‘the white man’s way of life.’ The rebels stormed the catechists’ home and killed Okello. On seeing Okello being killed, Irwa came out of the house and demanded that he also be killed. He was also speared to death.



Rwot (traditional chief) Keresenso Opoka Lubokoloro is among the first people to have initiated peace talks with the Lord Resistance Army (LRA) rebels. It is known that Joseph Kony, the leader of the LRA has participated in several peace talk attempts either directly or indirectly. Now he is wanted by the International Criminal Court (ICC) for crime against humanity. Several people both within and without however, doubt whether the step taken by the ICC can bring total peace in northern Uganda in the shortest time possible. They claim negotiation is the best option and that there has been overwhelming response from the rebels out of it. Here is the life of Lubokoloro. He also narrated how the first talk with Kony was.

Elders in Acholi among them Lubokoloro decided in 1994 that they should call back former UNLA soldiers who fled Museveni’s NRA. Their first meeting was in Acholi Inn after getting information that Kony wanted to talk to the Acholi elders. After the meeting, elders, among them also former Kitgum RDC Willy Odwong organised themselves and they were off to Pabit in Aswa where they were to meet Kony.

The first attempt February 10th failed. But they managed to meet Omona, one of the then Kony’s top commanders. He arranged and the following day the elders met Kony. Kony addressed them in two separate venues. The first one he discussed peace issues with all the elders and in the second venue, he addressed a selected few elders with Betty Bigombe until 9:40pm. What they discussed were possibility of abandoning rebellion, safety of rebels when out of the bush and the rehabilitation programme for them.

As an elder, Lubokoloro was given the role of performing nyono tongweno (stepping on the eggs). It is done to those who have stayed for many years without reaching home. The person steps on the egg and it is culturally believed that it washes away bad spirits. Lubokoloro has performed the duty several times. He performed it on the first former abducted children to come from Sudan and the late Tito Okello Lutwa former head of State on his coming back from exile in Nairobi.

Lubokoloro also participated in the London Kacoke Madit in 1998. He observed that the first meeting achieved very little because many Londoners both Acholi and non Acholi had support for Kony.

He urged district officials in Acholi sub-region to put peace issues on top of their agenda. He commented religious leaders’ peace initiatives saying had been useful in bringing relative peace.

Lubokoloro, 74, went to Mucwini primary school in 1943 up to P4. He then transferred to Padibe P7 School for two years. He was to join junior one after P6 but decided to get recruited into Police force on December 18th 1948. He worked from 1949 to 1953 unfortunately he was dismissed. He was accused of misusing police property. His boss found him using telephone at the time someone was killed. The murderer disappeared and it was said that he engaged the line and it became impossible to make calls to trace and arrest the culprit.

He decided to join Stirling Construction and worked in Kasese as a paymaster. Those he worked with build Livingstone Hall at Makerere University, New Mulago Hospital and Kamwenge Tea Estate among others. Here again he left, and joined local government administration.

He was advised by the then Secretary general for local government Acholi District Administration Wilson Lutara to join the local government. Without hesitation, Lubokoloro applied and was taken as a county chief in 1961. He worked in Madi Opei, Aru and Atiak counties.

While a county chief, he participated in the construction of Agoro airfield in 1965/66 and Bibia airfield in 1968/69. By 1972, former President Idi Amin wanted to build electricity dam at Aruu falls. He ordered him to make road up to the spot which he did. Amin launched the project in December 15th 1972 and the same day he commissioned Animal Husbandry School at Aswa Ranch. The construction of the dam did not take off because of the political up evils that followed in the period between 1977 to 1979. In 1982, Lubokoloro retired from government service.

Lubokoloro was born in the family of four children, a lady among them. He is the only surviving child of Luteba Lujimoi now. Unlike his father, he has 11 children. Two of his women died, one in 1993 and the other in 1996. He is left with a woman that God has blessed with five children.


On Saturday 22nd, over 15,000 people in over 40 cities worldwide took the first step towards telling the story of the children of northern Uganda. GuluWalk Day attracted people of all nationality, colour, race and religion in a global show of support for the innocent victims of the world’s most ignored humanitarian emergency.


650 Canadian students launch GuluWalk Day

  With over 40 cities poised to send a message of peace in the first-ever GuluWalk Day, it was over 600 students in St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada who opened the event. MacDonald Drive Jr. High School teacher-librarian Beth Hearn, who recently returned from a short volunteer experience in northern Uganda, initiated the student GuluWalk, which attracted national media attention. “Our pre-GuluWalk was a roaring success,” exclaimed Hearn. “We had a collage of orange and the rhythms of Africa all around us. The students walked proudly, knowing in their small way they were making a difference.” GuluWalk Day developed from the overwhelming worldwide response to theoriginal GuluWalk, which lasted for 31 days and saw Adrian Bradbury and Kieran Hayward conduct their own ‘night commute’ in Toronto, Canada. Every night in July they walked 12.5 km into downtown Toronto to sleep in front of city hall. After about fours hours sleep they made the trek home at sunrise, all while continuing to work full-time and attempting to maintain their usual daily routine. “We never once thought we wouldd be helping make this happen globally less than fourth months after we started our 31-day journey,” said co-founder Bradbury. “This is an issue that has been in the shadows long enough. It’s a humanitarian emergency that needs our immediate attention.” GuluWalk Day is part of the Act For Stolen Children in Northern Ugandac ampaign that also includes a policy initiative and a mass media initiative. It focused on raising public awareness about the longstanding crisis in northern Uganda, and raising funds for humanitarian aid organizations working on the ground in northern Uganda.

In Gulu town, the Archbishop of Gulu Archdiocese John Baptist Odama appealed to people saying, ”Human kind may we stop any war whether it be in family.”  To children he said, “God loves you even if you are in trouble.”

The chairman District Council Walter Ochora said the International Community has done very little to end the LRA war. He was also surprised that for the last 19 years of war in the northern Uganda, UN Secretary General Kofi Annan never visited the region.




28th – LRA rebels attacked Katakwi District killing an LC1 chairman of Adungo, Michael Omoji. They also abducted 2 children, set ablaze 12 huts and forced people to flew to Amuria trading centre.

30th – The UPDF said they killed LRA Brig. Dominic Ongwen, commander of the Cinia LRA 1st brigade. He was killed in Amuria near Soroti boarder.


 1st – 8th The army claimed they killed 15 LRA rebels, recovered 120 rounds of ammunition and seven guns.

 2nd - An LDU soldier is reported to have looted shop in Pajule trading centre.

 2nd – The ICC indicted five top LRA rebels including their commander Joseph Kony. The court also issued arrest warrant to the indicted commanders.

 -          In its report released recently, Unicef said 1000 out of 7500 girls conceived during captivity. The report added that out of estimated 25000 children abducted by LRA 20 years ago, about 7500 are girls.

  5th – The LRA rebels shot dead a boy whose identity is not found around Latanya. He was travelling from Pader.

 5th – Unconfirmed report from civilian indicated that LRA rebels ambushed and killed three UPDF soldiers at Wii Gweng in Acholibur.

 5th – The LRA rebels abducted three women and a girl at Otong Parish, Kilak sub-county in Pader. They had gone to cut sugar cane in the garden. The three women were released but the girl is still in captivity.

 6th – Police monthly report indicated that defilement remains the leading crime in the internally displaced persons’ camps in Gulu district.

 7th – Paralegals in Pajule reported an increased cases of torture and harassment by the LDU on the people in the Internally Displaced Persons’ camps (IDPs). Examples are block six and four of Pajule IDP camp.

 9th – Rebels of the Lord’s Resistance Army is reported to have attacked LDU detachment, killed two of them and injured three.

 9th – Amnesty Commission Chairman Justice Peter Onega opposed the decision by the ICC to issue warrant of arrest to five LRA rebels. He argued that the ruling would jeopardize Commission work. He reasoned that the warrant would scare away rebels willing to surrender.

 16th – Three LRA rebels surrendered and reported to the officials of Pader Town Council.

 18th – The UPDF soldiers reported that they have killed two LRA rebels in Olworngu, few kilometre from Pader Town.

 19th – Five women who had gone to collect fire wood were abducted by the LRA rebels at Pagweri East, Acoro Parish in Pader.

 22nd – Army fifth Division spokesperson Capt. Deo Akiki said the UPDF killed 12 LRA rebels in Pader, Kitgum and Lira districts.

23rd – A group of Bulora and Matheniko Karimojong warriors of Moroto raided over 600 head of cattle and killed three children in Nakapiripirit.

 26th – Two staff of the humanitarian Aid agencies were killed by the LRA in Kitgum and Pader. Balam Bongonyinge of Acord was shot dead at Acoro Parish Pader town. Three other staff were wounded. One Caritas staff Okot was also killed on Kitgum Mucwini road.

- Humanitarian Aid Agencies suspended operation in northern Uganda following three separate attacks on their staff.